The following position is available at African Climate Wire:
Part Time Assistant & Research Position
We are looking for a social media savvy assistant and researcher to help us grow African Climate Wire by:
- expanding our reach with African news outlets by building relationships with media outlets and increasing our content placement, exposure and audience on these platforms;
- growing our social media footprint, including by posting, editing and managing our Twitter and LinkedIn page and enhahcing engagement with our followers;
- assisting in updating our webpage and newsletter, including managing newsletter layout, as well as WhatsApp distribution;
- facilitating the publication of special thematic editions, by liaising with contributing authors for the special edition and managing timelines;
- working closely with us in content creation, with a view to authoring stories in due course.
- Proficiency in social media and knowledge of social media trends as well as MS Word and Adobe;
- Excellent in spoken and written skills, as well as copywriting;
- Experience in climate change law and/or policy research .
Useful to have
- Experience with website management and proficiency in Mailchimp
- Editorial experience
- Candidates from the African continent will be preferred
Consultancy, part time.
African Climate Wire is a fully funded project based initiative and we are able to offer the sub-consultancy initially until 1 February 2024 but renewable thereafter. Hours are weekday and flexible, estimated at 10 hours a week.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 September 2023.